Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Administration and Notices > Forum Rules

Old 08-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
tennis.nut

Default New links that pop up in posts

What is this all about, Jeep? Grrrr, I've never been a fan of those little windows that pop up on web pages when you scroll over. I get it though if it needed to be done.
tennis.nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
jeeplaw
Admin

wait..whats going on? Havent changed anything on my side
Old 08-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
tennis.nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplaw View Post
wait..whats going on? Havent changed anything on my side
Do you see what I am talking about? Even in my first post right up above...jeep in the post shows up in blue and when you run your mouse over it, it enables a little pop up on jeeps. Is it the site or did I accidentally turn something on in my settings to enable this???
Old 08-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
SndGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis.nut View Post
Do you see what I am talking about? Even in my first post right up above...jeep in the post shows up in blue and when you run your mouse over it, it enables a little pop up on jeeps. Is it the site or did I accidentally turn something on in my settings to enable this???

Sounds like a mouse-over ad bot or something like that. I am not seeing anything on this site. I have seen it before on things like MSNBC etc. but that was something on the site itself. I came across that once on a computer and had to get rid of a few things that piggy-backed in on a download.

I think it may be on your computer, try running your anti-virus software if it looks for ad-ware. AVG is free if you aren't running something.

Jon
SndGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
tennis.nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SndGuy View Post
Sounds like a mouse-over ad bot or something like that. I am not seeing anything on this site. I have seen it before on things like MSNBC etc. but that was something on the site itself. I came across that once on a computer and had to get rid of a few things that piggy-backed in on a download.

I think it may be on your computer, try running your anti-virus software if it looks for ad-ware. AVG is free if you aren't running something.

Jon
Thanks Jon, I am not sure why my Norton's isn't picking it up...I will try the other you mentioned.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
SndGuy

I am not sure you can run AVG and Norton at the same time, since they are both Antivirus software, sometimes they don't play nicely. Does your norton look specifically for ad-ware or is it only looking for the really nasty stuff? One I saw you could turn it on and off in an options window on the pop-up.

Without seeing it I am only guessing here.

Jon
SndGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
jeeplaw
Admin

Ah, i've seen this a ton of times before. Do yourself a favor and download malwarebytes cleaner -

http://www.malwarebytes.org

Let it search and clean out any bad malware on your computer. Often times virus cleaners won't pick up malware attacks.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
tennis.nut

Thanks to both of you for the help. Jeep, going to that site now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplaw View Post
Ah, i've seen this a ton of times before. Do yourself a favor and download malwarebytes cleaner -

http://www.malwarebytes.org

Let it search and clean out any bad malware on your computer. Often times virus cleaners won't pick up malware attacks.