Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Local Discussion > Local Area Restuarants / Take Out Numbers

Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
joemusgrave

Default Groupon Now for Guri do Sul

Groupon Now has a $20 deal for Guri do Sul steakhouse. It is a great price to try the place if you have never been.
joemusgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
rpw02

Thanks for the heads up Joe. Just got dinner for 2 for $40!
rpw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Craig.
Like a Boss

This is a much better deal than the restaurant.com one I posted a while back.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Craig.
Like a Boss

...and it's gone. I might have bought the last one.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
joemusgrave

It is still available for tomorrow. Glad you all got in on it.

Last edited by joemusgrave; 09-30-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Britb

We headed there tonight for a nice anniv dinner!
Britb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
rpw02

Has anyone used the Groupon deal there yet? I am reading reviews online, and I have seen several reporting that when you tell them you are using it you get bad service the rest of the visit. Maybe I will wait to tell the server until the end, although the printout specifically says to mention it up front.
rpw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
LSUNutt

My husband and I went this past weekend. I did not tell them we were using it. When it when the check came, I just put the print out inside. My guess for bad service is likely they've had people who do not tip o the total bill, just the portion they actually have to pay for. Our service was great ! Be hungry when you go !
LSUNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #9
Britb

I didn't use the groupon n had terrible srvc.
Britb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
joemusgrave

I lived in Brazil for 18 years after being born there to Americans parents and I can tell you that the one thing I do not like at Guri do Sul is the service. If you want good service, then you need to go to Fogo de ChŃo. The only reason I go to Guri is because of the proximity and the food is pretty good. The manager of Guri was one of the former ga˙chos (chef/server) at Fogo. Several of the former ga˙chos left Fogo here in Houston and in Dallas and have opened the new churrascarias around, such as Guri, Angus Grill, Pradaria, etc. The quality is not as good as Fogo, Texas de Brazil, or Boi Na Braza because those restaurants operated with ga˙chos that they brought from Brazil and sponsored their visas. I am not saying that Americans can't learn to properly prepare the meat and serve it, but for the Brazilians brought here it is something they have spent a lot of time training for. Most of them start off as bus boys, then move up to servers (drinks and sides), then they move up to chef/server. I am impressed when I go to Fogo that the head ga˙chos have been with them since Orlando Pressler first opened Fogo in Dallas in the early 90's. If you are ever in Brazil treat yourself to a churrascaria there.

BTW, if you have ever had a caipirinha at one of the churrascarias, Spec's sells several different cachašas. I buy 51, which is one of the most common used to make caipirinhas. To make one cut a lime in half, then quarter the half. In a "on the rocks" glass, muddle the quarters with two tablespoons of sugar (I prefer to use 6 quarters), add crushed ice, then 2 oz. of cachaša. Some restaurants add Sprite to weaken it, but I can't stand it. Stir well and enjoy.

Last edited by joemusgrave; 10-07-2011 at 06:15 PM.