Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Local Discussion > Local Area Restuarants / Take Out Numbers

Old 06-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
Nina

We tried it today and I hate to say it, but it gets a thumbs down for us. Spent $20 for the two of us, and I've had better at McDonald's, Burger King, WhataBurger, Jack's, etc. for half the cost.
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
rpw02

I tried it yesterday as well, and I have to strongly disagree with you Nina. It was outstanding. Very fresh, and a great family atmosphere. Also....can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, but they are totally doing their best Five Guys impersonation, and it's a good one. I think I even like it better (buns and fries are slightly better). 2 thumbs up for us, we'll be back.
rpw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
Nina

rpw02: My small hamburger was raw, the grilled onions were mushy, fries were overcooked, and I sure didn't see a great family atmosphere . . . family atmosphere was ok, but nothing great. My husband's Mooyah burger was so greasy it dripped all over him. But maybe we should give them another try.
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
KRDougherty

I'd say give them another try, they are still new, learning demands & what not... tell them the previous experience, maybe you'll get a free meal!
KRDougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
KRDougherty

Oh, and they are pricier than fast food chains, but better quality ingredients.
KRDougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
rpw02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
rpw02: I sure didn't see a great family atmosphere . . . family atmosphere was ok, but nothing great.
I guess our definition is different. Maybe I just meant kid friendly. They have a chalk board for kids to draw on, it's noisy so if your kids are loud it's not a big deal, and they have good kid menu options... Sure, it's no Chucky Cheese... but it's not Perry's either.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
Tessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
rpw02: My small hamburger was raw, the grilled onions were mushy, fries were overcooked, and I sure didn't see a great family atmosphere . . . family atmosphere was ok, but nothing great. My husband's Mooyah burger was so greasy it dripped all over him. But maybe we should give them another try.
I kinda felt the same way as you did. The burger was kinda soggy and drippy. It wasn't bad but we weren't overly impressed either. Just neutral and we probably won't go back.
Tessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #18
rpw02

Yeah, similar to 5 Guys in that if you get too many condiments it gets kinda sloppy.