Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Administration and Notices > Forum Rules

Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
bailey9971

I know that the MUD meets first Tuesday of every month at noon in midtown somewhere I believe. I have past minutes and other info if you are interested. You have a right to see all of the minutes, but they won't mail them to you or email a copy, you have to go pick them up....I don't get down to midtown often so I can't get the minutes as often as I like...plus I would imagine to further keep us in the dark, there is a "copy fee". Please, if any member of the MUD or HOA reads this, I would welcome any corrections to the statements I have made thus far. There was a member that had posted on here in the past, but got their feathers ruffled and quit posting. I too am interested in becoming more involved with our neighborhood and making sure that everything is well maintained and managed appropriately. The lack of response we get from the HOA and the MUD along with the management company makes me think that there is something amiss. If there is nothing to hide, you would think that they would be all for clear communication.
bailey9971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUNutt View Post
There is seriously someone running a car repair business in Spring Trails? As in storing the vehicles in their yard?
Storing, repairing.....You bet! I'm thinkin' you could pick up a beater for cheap...Just take a look in the backyard and see which one you like. And if you don't like the current inventory, wait a few weeks
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey9971 View Post
The lack of response we get from the HOA and the MUD along with the management company makes me think that there is something amiss. If there is nothing to hide, you would think that they would be all for clear communication.
Amen....
Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
LSUNutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Storing, repairing.....You bet! I'm thinkin' you could pick up a beater for cheap...Just take a look in the backyard and see which one you like. And if you don't like the current inventory, wait a few weeks
OH WOW!! Well my neighbor was looking for a good cheap car for his son, maybe I should send the recommendation !

Out of curiousity I drove over to that area on way home but did not see anything, I must have not looked in the right area. That is insane !
LSUNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
Maverick

The powers that be were informed back in Feb. I'm guessing they are still working on it~the cars that is....
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #16
00goobs

Sorry, it is me with the car issues. I am removing the cars and I am not running a business. Funny how many family members find out I am out of a job and have time to check on their cars. Sorry for embarrassing the neighborhood. The car issues are being handled and should be done within a months time. After shutting down my performance shop, I thought I could bring the cars I have aquired here and fix them up. Slowly they are being sold or donated. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have sent a letter to the HOA and hope for forgiveness and can assure everyone that the cars here I have titles for (own) or are family members' cars. I will stop working on the cars here and hope to stop being "one of those neighbors"...
00goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
kristenrunner

I feel like this has been answered before, but I haven't been able to locate it... Who are the current HOA board members? And how many members are there? Is there a list somewhere of specific names?
I do realize we are having an election soon to replace a few open spots, but I was just curious who all currently "represents" us.
kristenrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #18
Special Events

There are 5 board members. The three that are remaining are Louis DiStefano, Bob Nussmeier, and David Peterson. There are two positions open that will be filled at the July 15th annual meeting.
Special Events is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
padupre

I'm interested in feedback on the meeting tonight, I wasn't able to attend. Any mention of a community website to have a means of communication between residents and committeqes/board members?

Were balance sheets/budget handed out?
padupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
mrcodeman4

padupre: I asked about the communication disconnect. The Board noted that they anticipate a website will be live in a few months. I also asked about any intent on utilizing the various social media sites as that is a very easy, fast, popular and cost effective (i.e.) way to communicate...they did not address that. The Board seemed to get frustrated with homeowners asking about various aspects and they kept saying we should volunteer and start committees if we want change with areas such as a swim team, landscaping, maintenance, communication, neighborhood watch, etc. It was a little disconcerning to see their frustration that folks weren't getting involved mainly becausue I believe most residents didn't know they could, or how they could. This all comes back to the lack of communication in my opinion. They showed a basic set of financials. Email Bernadette for a copy they said. All in all, it was pretty informative...borderline contentious at times, but this was my first HOA meeting so maybe that's normal.
mrcodeman4 is offline   Reply With Quote