Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Administration and Notices > Forum Rules

Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
Maverick

A web site in a couple months.....That's ridiculousness!! There's plenty of avenues to utilize right now without so much as a dime being spent.

We need to start a committee to oversee Landscaping and Maintenance?? Yet another crock of shite! What are we paying a "premiere management" company to do...? Take a look at that little play house at the front of the neighborhood.... A ten year old could tell you that the place is in need of paint and repair!!

As with all things Spring Trails....A bunch o' promises, and nothing but waisted time....

Whom ever was elected last night I hope has the cajones to call out, and not fall in~ to the vague nature that has been present for so long.

Last edited by Maverick; 07-16-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: missed a letter that changed a word to it's correct meaning...
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
LSUNutt

Bernadette from PCMI did state that they do not make the decisions, the HOA board does, they just manage those decisions and directs them. PCMI can just offer some guidance.
LSUNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
mrcodeman4

Maverick: The Board ntoed that since we are basically 100% built out they are looking at options to renovate the building by the pool to by some sort of a community center that can be used by the residents. Also, their reason as to why the website was taking so long was because they were integrating various things to it, such as HOA due payments online. But like I've said in the past, many residents just want to be communicated with and social media can accomplish this.
mrcodeman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #24
padupre

Thanks for the feedback! I agree with the communication issue most certainly. It has been years since we've had a meeting and that's most unfortunate for us and there is no excuse for it either.
padupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
padupre

As far as I can tell, residents of Spring Trails are able to pay their HOA dues on the PCMI website now. It is set up so residents of all their communities can pay online.
padupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by padupre View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I agree with the communication issue most certainly. It has been years since we've had a meeting and that's most unfortunate for us and there is no excuse for it either.
You got that right dupre~ Communication feeds ideas and understanding, along with.........wait for it..... Accomplishment.

Some of you may read me as a real negative Hombre (which you're more than welcome to do). When in actuality, I'm more disapointed with what potential we miss with each passing explination of "they do not make the decisions, the HOA board does, they just manage those decisions and directs them. PCMI can just offer some guidance". The less communicative the powers that be are, the more stale the population becomes...And nothing gets done then.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #27
LSUNutt

Agreed. At this point I think everyone is sort of jaded enough that all, even if truthful, explanations sound like an excuse.

That being saidn I think as a community, we cannot leave it up just to 5 board members to make every decision and sit back and complain if we do not offer our own involvement or insight. That being said, the board has a duty to be transparent and open communication lines. There are committees to aid community involvement in certain subject areas. Our household is signed up for one and hopefully others will follow. It's a given, we will never be 100% happy with how things are handled.... but maybe by this time next year there could be a couple less complaints.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #28
jeeplaw
Admin

The funny thing is, if the board wanted to reach out to me, they could utilize this website to give and support their messaging (updates, community outreach, etc). In fact, I think the previous hoa company actually had a rep on here.

It may be the fact that this site is privately run that is throwing them off, I'm not sure. But it would seem that we already have an established communication pathway here.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #29
LSUNutt

Exactly. There are multiple ways they could have communicated with us all over time, and failed.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #30
maikafer05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
You got that right dupre~ Communication feeds ideas and understanding, along with.........wait for it..... Accomplishment.

Some of you may read me as a real negative Hombre (which you're more than welcome to do). When in actuality, I'm more disapointed with what potential we miss with each passing explination of "they do not make the decisions, the HOA board does, they just manage those decisions and directs them. PCMI can just offer some guidance". The less communicative the powers that be are, the more stale the population becomes...And nothing gets done then.
I agree with you 100% Maverick. I thought the whole meeting was rushed, a lot of questions were not answered and all I heard is "form a committee. You are right, we are supposed to do the work the management company is getting paid for? I also noticed the astronomical amount for landscaping. What are they paying for? It sure isn't what we used to get. There is no more edging, weeds everywhere. It's just not the nice look we used to have. A lot of the "other" expenses are very questionable to me also. Deed restrictions are violated every day and they are pointing the finger at everybody else to fix this. Where is the splash pad for the kids we were promised? On top of that, all that commercial building that is about to hit us was not mentioned to me or my daughter, who lives here also, when we purchased our homes. I feel like Spring Trails will be like 1960 pretty soon. Nobody really listens to the homeowners, all they want is the HOA fee. We are screwed!!!!
maikafer05 is offline   Reply With Quote