Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Local Discussion > Homeowners Tips & Tricks

Old 03-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
caggie0103

Default Any handyman in Spring Trails?

I need someone to come re caulk my daughter's bathtub anyone available this week?
Thanks!
caggie0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Texbrodave

This guys not from ST but he's done caulking on my bathrooms.

Joel Sorto 832-755-2150 He's a pro painter. He also does sheetrock repair and texturing. Quite reasonable and honest.
Texbrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
SndGuy

Have you seen his work on drywall? I need some work in my garage done next week and am looking for someone reasonable.

Jon
SndGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
Texbrodave

He has patched drywall, painted, textured & caulked for me. His prices are good and his work top notch, a nice guy also. Call him tell him what you have maybe look at it with him.
Texbrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
RaiderTX

I have done some handy work in the past for some friends, and do plenty of it in my own home including calking and drywall work. Caggie0103 PM me if you would like to discuss your needs. I should be avlaible most morning and do not charge much. thanks
RaiderTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
txredfisher

Any recommendations for someone who could do built-ins?
txredfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #7
Txhalofan

Raider,
What kind of "handyman" work do you do other than drywayll and painting/caulking? I have a few rent houses in Spring Trails along with my own house and sometimes looking for someone to do a few things. For example, I have a dishwasher that has come loose from the cabinet and needs to be remounted. Do you have experience with maintenance-type work? Thanks.
Txhalofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
RaiderTX

Txhalofan,

Yes I am amble to do maintaince type work like you are asking. I have been in my house for over four years and I always complete my own maintenance. This includes everything from fix/replacing door nobs to replacing light fixtures, ceiling fans, to redoing base boards and door casing. If you would like to discuss more I have PM you please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.
RaiderTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
nopiston

I actually used Joel earlier this week to patch some home theater drywall holes in preparation for moving. He was the first one out of several that I attempted to use that actually got back with me and communicated when he said he would. It was a fairly short-notice request, so he sent one of his guys to handle it, but it was a pretty easy job. They did get a little crazy with the texture splatter, but nothing paint couldn't cover (which turned out to be a huge hassle in trying to match the thin paint Perry Homes used, but that's another story). It would have been a lot easier if I had been able to speak spanish when dealing with payment and receipt with his worker. Other than that, I would recommend him. If you use him, I would recommend not being in a hurry as I was (due to selling house, closing date, etc.) Price-wise, he was WAY more reasonable (even being last minute) than another drywall company we got a quote from. ...like $150 vs. $500.
nopiston is offline   Reply With Quote